April 08, 2020
- Terms and Abbreviations
- System Overview
- System Features
- Getting Started
- Control Panel
- Application Structure
- Application Builder
- Application Management
- Application Consuming
- Customer Support
1. Terms and Abbreviations
Digital Transformation: is the change associated with the applying of digital technology in all aspects of human society
Cloud Computing: is a type of Internet-based computing that provides shared computer processing resources and data to computers and other devices on demand
Cloud Application: is an application that operates in cloud computing environment.
Platform as a service (PaaS): is a category of cloud computing services that provides a platform allowing customers to build, run, and manage applications without the complexity of building and maintaining the infrastructure typically associated with developing and launching an app.
Business Process: is an activity or set of activities that will accomplish a specific organizational goal
Information Sharing: is the exchange of data between various people, organizations, and technologies
Nowadays, people mind has changed, the world has digitally transformed, And the technology has entered and affected everywhere.
All Businesses tend to get rid of paper and obtain a digital system leads its process to success, Individuals also need to store, access and share their information using their smartphones, tablets or laptops.
OneDay helps all people and small businesses to achieve this purpose easily and free via its cloud platform that allows cloud application building without need to developer.
All of that can be done just in one-day 😊.
3. System Overview
OneDay is a cloud based platform that offers two services:
1Store: where people can search and find applications they need then they can register it under their accounts, they can also share their application with special permissions to other users to enrich the contents of application.
the user can access his application anytime, anywhere from any device using internet.
- Application Builder: where people can build and customize dynamic cloud applications as they need with high flexibility.
Computer specialists and developers can get benefit of OneDay by designing professional applications, publishing to 1Store and selling it to OneDay users.
4. System Features
- Dynamic Applications Building
- Application Sharing
- No code, No developers
- Cloud based
- Free for most features
- Pay as you go
- Money and Time Saving.
- Supports most of simple business transactions
- Excellent option for Digital Transformation
- Offers Application Store and Market
- Environment Friendly
5. Getting Started
OneDay is ideal for
- New businesses and business men
- Small companies (1-25 employees)
- Individuals (PC and Mobile users)
Who can use this technology?
Anyone can deal with a Computer or a Smart Phone.
What we need to go?
- PC with installed Web Browser, go to 1daycloud.com or Smart mobile or Tablet with installed OneDay Application.
Once OneDay store is loaded, User can preview the following sections (Depending on platform)
- Applications Tree
- Top Categories and Applications
- Signup and Login Area
- Search Area
- User Preferences Area
- Other Links
All above sections user can visit without need to login or create an account.
Allows users to reach and navigate the applications they are searching for in a hierarchy way, where they can select the top-level categories and drill down to the lower levels reaching to the applications they need (the last level in the tree).
for example: one user is a doctor, and he needs an application to manage his clinic, so he could navigate as following:
“Services“ -> “Health” -> Applications -> “Dr. Clinic”
Top Categories and Applications:
If a user wants application shopping and he wants to browse for the best or latest applications in the market, this section is more convenient than Application tree section.
Signup and Login Area
User should have an account to interest OneDay services like application registration, designing or consuming, so user can go to Signup page to create his own account, or to Sign in page to access his control Panel if he already has an account.
Signup Requires basic information: email, and password .
User can sign up or sign in using his Facebook account.
User has the choice to stay signed in (default choice) or not, if he selected stay signed option his session will never expire unless he logouts.
Note: OneDay is transferring user credentials and credit cards information securely through a Secure HTTPS connection, in addition, User identity is protected using advanced authorization methods, so users should feel comfort about their sensitive information.
Application category and Application details page
When the user finds and selects some application, the application details page will load application information as image and description, user manual, YouTube brief, register or run application buttons.
In application details page, user can register the application under his account or he can run the application if it was already registered.
Note: Application registration requires the user to be logged in and have active license.
If the user wants to search for a specific application or category in 1Store he can do using search area, where he can find what he wants exactly.
User Preferences Area
Users can change the website layout styles and languages from this area.
7. Control Panel
After user is logged in successfully, the system will detect his role and permissions and forward him to his control panel.
Control panel consists of:
- Profile Settings
- Navigation Menus
Dashboard is quick access shortcuts for the frequently visited pages in control panel, like registered applications, licensing and billing, reporting system, favorite screens, support… etc.
Where user can update his profile information like personal, contact or privacy information.
At the left side of control panel, there are many navigation menus to help user navigate easily between control panel pages.
- Applications tree menu: For user’s registered applications navigation or searching.
- Application Screens tree menu: Each application consists of many screens, and screens also represented in hierarchy structure, via this menu user can navigate or search for screen he wants to access.
Application design menus: Users who have the application builder access are able to build their applications themselves, and they can access Design Mode by clicking “Switch to Design Mode” in the right left corner if they were running some application.
To do that, they need application builder toolbox items like containers and fields,
Design menus contains that tools and it’s easy to use by just dragging and dropping to the screen design area.
The manual will explain the application structure in the next paragraph.
- Screen items menu: To list, search and select items and item categories in current used screen, for example, if some user is using “1Project Ticket” application, in “Ticket Categories” screen user can list, search his Categories then select a specific Category to browse or edit his information.
- Back button: Is used to go back to the previous page user was visited.
Contains data manipulation buttons used in application screen like add, edit, delete and save screen records and so on.
8. Application Structure
The 1Store Application consists of the following parts:
Application data structures
1day application consists of hierarchy structure, the application mainly contains the screens as tree, each screen has its tab pages, each tab has field containers and finally the field container represented as two types (List, Grid) and contains fields, so we can preview the application structure as the following figure:
Application -> Screens -> Containers -> Fields
Each structure has its own properties that change structure style, action or role.
User can copy structures already built to another to ease application building.
within the application building stage, developer can link application screens together by many relations types, so users and developers can build a recognized relational application, not just data storing, and screens can reuse the existing items data without duplications.
1day applications are very flexible to design, control and use.
User can add whatever transaction he wants between his application parts to make it active, easy to use and guarantee the system integrity.
The transactions happen automatically according to a specific condition check like equations value matching, a specific field value selection, date or time matching, etc.
If the condition is occurred, user can configure whatever transaction to be executed like email or SMS notification, field value change, field property change … etc.
The condition and transaction could be in one screen or separated screens.
because of 1day application dynamic structure, 1day can generate any desired report for the user and the user can search and filter report data as needed in advanced filtering tools, in addition the ability to export report to other known formats as excel or pdf.
Application owner can schedule notifications related to specific conditions or coordinating with application transactions, notification can be received as email, SMS or in notifications area of the user cPanel.
9. Application Builder
OneDay platform engine enables users and developers to build apps using GUI tools without need coding.
Application builder is a part of control panel and the user needs additional license to use (“Buy License” button in top menu), but user can use it to customize his application design without additional license.
To start building an application, user should go to “Application Design” in control panel, then to create a new application where we define the application information and its category.
After creating the application, it should appear in the applications tree at the left menu under “My Developed Application”.
If the user selected an application under his developed applications, the system will redirect him to application design dashboard, and the screens left menu will be loaded by application screens.
If we want to create a new screen we can do by clicking “Create Screen” button and define the screen information.
The screen in menu can be opened in two ways, the first by clicking on screen name the system will redirect us to screen design area where we can design the screen, the second way to click on edit icon right of screen name that goes to screen dashboard.
If the user went to “screen design”, he will start design his screen using design tools left menu.
By dragging and dropping containers and fields to the screen body, the screen will be structured, then user should specify the containers and fields properties as desired by clicking properties icon .
There are a lot of properties that determines the style and behavior of container and field,
The most important property is the “Name” and the “Type” of container or field.
The container type can be “Field List” so the fields inside container will be displayed as field list, or it can be “Grid/Table” so the fields will be displayed as table columns.
Supported field types:
- “Text”: to enter any type of allowed characters.
- “Long Text”: same as text field, but the field size is bigger than text field.
- “Numeric”: allow only numeric values, also floating numbers as an option.
- “Boolean”: has only two values: Yes/No
- “Date”: to store Date values only, the field style is date calendar user can select from.
- “Time”: to store Time values only, the field style is time slider user can specify from.
- “File”: allows user to browse and upload file to his application (allowed types only)
- “String List”: to define list of string options used frequently like “Gender” field has two-options list (Male, Female).
“Related”: allows user to link two screens together, this field is displayed as list of items, these items taken from another screen in the application, for example: in HR application, in employee screen, user should define the “Department” of employee, but he don’t want to enter the department name as a text each time he define a new employee, but he need to define departments for onetime, then to select a department for each employee.
So, user will create “Department” screen and define his company departments, then he will create “Department” related field and link it to “Department” screen to choose from its data.
As we see, user can browse and search the predefined departments as a list from then assign the employee to one of them.
Supported Field Properties:
Shared properties: (between all field types):
- “Field Type”: The type of field is determined when the user choose some field from left menu to drag to screen.
- The selected type of field will restrict user to enter matching data to the field type, so if the field type is numeric, the system will allow entering just numbers, and deny user from entering characters in this field.
- “Required”: enforces user to enter field value, so user can’t leave the value empty
- “Visible”: determines if the field is visible or not in the meantime
- “Read Only”: determines if users can edit the field value
- “Unique”: if this property is set to “Yes”, the system will deny users from entering same field value for two items in the screen
- “Hint”: a message or description appears like popup to the end user when the user moves the mouse over the field area
- “Mobile Visible”: determines if this field will be displayed on mobile application
- “Display Field”: determines if this field value will be a part of the item brief
Numeric fields special properties:
- “Auto Increment”: if set to “Yes” the field value will increase by specific value (auto increment step) when creating a new item, mostly used to generate materials or employee’s codes automatically
- “Auto Increment Step”: specifies the increment value for each increment, so if it set to 1, the system will generate codes 1,2,3 …, if it set to 2, the system will generate 1,3, 5...
- “Range Start” and “Range End”: if the user wanted to limit this field values to a specific range, he can set these two properties, so the system will allow only the range values.
- These two properties are used also with Date and Time fields.
- “Float”: allow user to enter floating number values like 1.5
List fields special properties:
- “List Options”: to define string list options/values, user can access it from the icon
- “List Option Data”: specifying the source of options, if it set to “Custom” the user should enter the options manually (user defined), else if it set to “Application Users” the system will fill it automatically by the application users name
Related fields special properties:
- “Source Screen”: to select the source screen to import the data from
After user saved the design and created all screens he wants, he should publish the application to 1Store, so OneDay users can register and consume this application.
As described above, the publish process can be done from “Application Design Dashboard”, by pressing “Publish” button, the system will require OneDay publish approval.
When OneDay approval comes, the system will issue a new version of application to 1Store and it will be available to all users to register and use.
10. Application Consuming
Now, we can run our application and start consuming as we need.
When the application is loaded, we can see three main parts:
- Items navigation and search in navigation area (grouped by item groups)
- Screen contents area, that contains all screen containers and field (User Input Area)
- Screen Toolbar in toolbars area, that contains buttons like add, delete and save.
To browse screen items, user should go to the left navigation menu and search items, then he can select a specific item to load, edit or delete or to do other available transactions.
User can directly add a new item by pressing add new button to fill item data then to save.
Data entry is very easy and can be facilitated with field’s default values, auto increment and validation restriction tools.
If user starts adding or editing some item he can undo easily using toolbar button.
The item data will be distributed between tabs and containers as application designation.
11. Application Management
Any good cloud application should have users and access roles, so end user can manage his application data sharing, access, and permissions well.
Data structure permissions
OneDay has a very detailed permissions system allows application manager to grant the
permissions he wants to application users.
The permission can be applied on any data structure type, screens, containers, and fields
with any type of access type like access, add, edit, delete, print … etc.
After user defines his permissions he can group it with permissions groups then assign it to
As data structure permission, screen items can be grouped into item groups and assigned to user groups.
The item group can be determined by list field values, for example if some screen has field with name ‘Gender and data type ‘list’, the list has values: “Male” and “Female”, then we can build item group with name “Male only” contains items which this field value= ‘Male’, so the users assigned to this group can access only “Male” items.
When some user or company registers for application, the registered user will be the application owner and manager, and if he wants to share his application with other users he can by inviting them to.
All what he should do just entering the email address, Mobile or username of the user he wants to invite then the invited user will receive the invitation on his email (if he already has an account in OneDay).
When the user accepts the invitation, he can access the application he invited to use from his account with determined permissions, these permissions are managed by the owner of application.
OneDay offers good and simple report builder to build desired report.
User can select data fields he wants to see in the report, in addition to summarize data to build aggregated reports, then he need to save it as report template.
User can access his reports from the report left menu, then the system will generate report.
Application owner can schedule notifications related to specific conditions or coordinating with application transactions, notification can be received as email, and later can be received as SMS or in notifications area of the user cPanel.
In application dashboard user can create a new notification and specify the event and transaction to be executed.
For example, when user adds a new item, some user will receive notification email.
Then the user should assign this notification to related users should receive the notification
Application owner can create a backup for his application data anytime he wants to increase the data safety in case of data losing.
12. Customer Support
Users can send their suggestions, complains or feedback by contact us form anytime, In addition to live chat that will be available in working hours.
OneDay is ideal platform to start building and consuming your flexible applications.
Welcome to OneDay world!